Everyone always wonders if travel insurance is something they should splurge on. Here are reasons from experts, and different types of insurance that WE can offer to make sure you ALWAYS have Peace of Mind.
Allianz Global Assistance
Allianz Travel Insurance is one of our Top Partners in Travel Insurance. They offer MANY different policies so it’s easy to find on that fits your need EXACTLY.
Why Buy Travel Insurance?
Sudden illness. Severe weather. Delayed flights. When the unexpected happens, you can rely on travel insurance to help make things right.
- If you have to cancel your trip for a covered reason, travel insurance can reimburse you for your prepaid, non-refundable trip costs. Without insurance, you could lose your vacation investment.
- If you experience a covered medical emergency, travel insurance can help ensure you get high-quality care and reimburse you for covered medical costs. Without insurance, you may have to pay out of pocket when traveling overseas.
- If you have a covered travel delay, travel insurance can reimburse you for necessary, eligible expenses like hotels and meals. Without insurance, delays can be expensive.
- If you face an unexpected crisis, travel insurance gives you access to 24-Hour Hotline Assistance for expert help and advice. Without insurance, you’re on your own.
Why Choose Allianz Global Assistance?
With straightforward benefits and simple online claim processing, Allianz Global Assistance is the preferred choice for 40 million travelers annually. 84% of customers give us a 5-star rating, according to Trustpilot.
Consider these travel insurance plans:
- OneTrip Prime includes generous benefits: trip cancellation/interruption, emergency medical and emergency transportation, travel delay and more. Kids 17 and under are covered for free when traveling with a parent or grandparent.
- OneTrip Basic is a favorite of budget-conscious travelers, with up to $10,000 in trip cancellation/interruption and up to $10,000 in emergency medical benefits.
- Do you love to travel? AllTrips Prime gives you affordable protection for a full 365 days of travel, whether domestic or international, business or vacation.
Travel Protection Plus
*only available through Travel Impressions, FunJet Vacations, Apple Vacations,
Travel Impressions’ Travel Protection Plus means exactly what it says. Travel Impressions Plan provides you with a full refund in the event you need to cancel your trip for any reason, right up to the original scheduled flight departure time. The complete package is refunded, including airfare regardless of ticketing penalties or airline regulations, if cancelled prior to departure. Nonrefundable hotel rates are not included.
TRAVEL PROTECTION PLUS INCLUDES:
PRE-DEPARTURE PENALTY WAIVER (NON-INSURANCE FEATURES)
- Cancel For Any Reason: You may cancel for ANY reason prior to departure and receive a full refund less the cost of the Travel Protection plan*. This feature even reimburses normally non-refundable airfares and the refund is always made in the original form of payment. Non-refundable hotel rates are not included.
- Price Guarantee***: Guarantees the lowest price on the vacation booking! If the price of the hotel or Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flight on your vacation drops after booking the reservation, just let us know and we’ll adjust the reservation to the lower price. Valid on Mexico, Caribbean, Hawaii and Central America vacations.
- No Supplier Revision Fees: Need to make a change? No problem! Any supplier revision fees for the FIRST instance are protected including hotel and airline penalties, so you won’t be charged additional fees to make a change to your reservation.
- Hurricane Travel Credit*^: If a Category One or greater hurricane disrupts a vacation for 24 hours or more, travelers will receive a refund for unused or interrupted vacation nights plus a future vacation discount certificate. Valid for reservations departing June through November.
POST-DEPARTURE TRAVEL PROTECTION PLAN – UNDERWRITTEN BY NATIONWIDE MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY
- Trip Interruption: Reimburses (up to the total trip cost) unused hotel arrangements plus additional costs to change or purchase a new airline ticket if you can’t travel due to circumstances such as illness or injury to you, a family member, or traveling companion, jury duty, subpoena, or a traffic accident on the way to the airport.
- Travel Delay: Reimburses additional transportation costs or unused hotel arrangements should your flight be delayed 12 or more hours due to adverse weather or unannounced strike. The plan reimburses you up to $500 ($200 per day) for the unused portion of your trip, additional accommodations, meals and “catch up” transportation expenses.
- Emergency Evacuation: Pre-pays the cost of emergency medical transportation if a serious illness or injury occurs during your vacation that requires medical evacuation.
- Baggage/Personal Property: Reimburses you for baggage or items lost, stolen, or damaged during your vacation.
- Medical Expenses: Reimburses medical costs should you incur hospital charges or other medical bills as a result of an illness or injury during your vacation.
- Baggage Delay: Reimburses for the purchase of necessary personal items if your bags are delayed by the airline for 24 hours or longer. The plan covers you for the purchase of necessary items up to $300 in the event your luggage is delayed by an air common carrier for more than 24 hours en route to your vacation.
- Travel Accident: Accidental death and dismemberment coverage in the event of loss of life or limb while flying.
Here are some common objections to travel insurance and their responses;
CLIENT: I don’t think I need travel insurance.
AGENT: If an illness, accident, or sudden change in plans forces you to cancel or interrupt your trip, you face two major financial losses: (1) money you’ve invested in nonrefundable prepayments and (2) medical expenses that aren’t covered by your health insurance. That’s why more and more travelers are turning to insurance to protect their travel investment.
CLIENT: I’ve heard travel insurance is expensive.
AGENT: The cost is based on the value of your trip. The more you have invested in your trip, the more you need to protect it. Travel insurance covers you for losses caused by trip cancellation and interruption, medical expenses, baggage loss, and trip and baggage delay. Insurance is a great value, considering all the protections you get.
CLIENT: I think my credit card and my medical insurance policy cover me while I’m traveling.
AGENT: Read the fine print on your credit card and medical insurance policies. Many plans offer help but don’t cover expenses. There may be deductibles you’re required to pay before your policy applies.
CLIENT: I prefer a policy that covers only medical bills.
AGENT: Travel insurance protects your total travel investment. Comprehensive coverage protects that investment for many potential situations, not just medical.
CLIENT: I don’t need most of those coverages; I am interested only in trip cancellation insurance.
AGENT: The travel insurance policy is designed to cover you from the moment you make a deposit until the moment you return home. It provides protection for unforeseen events that actually happen to travelers.
CLIENT: Why are these programs more expensive than the one offered by my tour operator, and what are the differences between the programs?
AGENT: Tour operators typically offer a cancellation protection waiver, which is much different than travel insurance. A protection waiver really doesn’t qualify as insurance. Instead, the cruise line or tour operator agrees to waive its own cancellation penalties if the client must cancel his or her trip for a covered reason These waivers may not cover cancellations within 24 to 72 hours of departure, and most don’t offer trip interruption benefits — meaning that if you have to return home during a cruise or vacation, you may not be covered. You also have no coverage if the tour operator or cruise line goes into bankruptcy or financial default. A more comprehensive travel insurance policy offers coverage for a wide range of accidents or incidents that may force you to cancel a trip. Some insurance companies provide coverage for any “unforeseen incident” that is not specifically excluded in the policy. This also is known as “cancel for any reason” insurance. Some policies provide extra care, such as concierge services in luxury travel. And there are policies available if you want to participate in higher-risk activities.***
***Travel insights from The Travel Institute
We are ALWAYS here for you whether you decide Travel Insurance is for you, but remember, the unexpected can happen. And it’s always best to be prepared.